You’ve probably seen signs in your area for Open Houses. You may have even attended a few. But now that the time has come to sell your home, you're wondering whether you'd like an Open House held at your home.
Scott & are big believers in the power of Open Houses, and I will tell you why.
Were you expecting to fall in love on the day you met your spouse? Chances are you weren't, but the key event was that you met each other, which put the wheels in motion.
Buying a home is a similarly emotional process. Casual buyers are not necessarily expecting to fall in love on that particular day with this particular home, but given the opportunity, suddenly they do. Hence, the magic of an Open House!
Here are some other advantages:
- An Open House provides a low-pressure opportunity for people to see the home. There are many buyers that prefer to see homes this way and simply won't call to book an appointment if no Open House is scheduled. Result: more people see your home.
- An Open House showcases features of your property that may not come across well in advertisements and listing descriptions.
- Being in the home and imagining themselves living there, making dinner, playing with the kids, etc, bonds potential buyers to the home. Having your buyer attached to the home bodes well when it comes time for negotiations.
- It generates a buzz about your home.
- It creates a sense of competition among buyers, increasing the chance of an offer.
- It allows us to give potential buyers a beautiful full-colour brochure about your home that they can review later, keeping your home top-of-mind.
Despite all these advantages, many vendors worry it will only attract nosy neighbours.
While people who aren't serious buyers may attend, we can assure you that with the type of advertising we do for our Open Houses, the number of serious buyers that attend will be significantly greater than the number of tire-kickers.
Plus, Scott and I are pretty darn good at converting tire-kickers into serious buyers, and we have definitely sold more than a few homes to immediate neighbours over the years!
As you can probably tell by now, my answer to whether an Open House will sell your home is: Absolutely!
Contact Scott or myself if you have any questions about how an Open House can help you!