Welcome to beautiful Bridgwater--a rapidly growing area in South West Winnipeg, comprised of a network of connected neighbourhoods called Bridgwater Forest, Bridgwater Lakes, Bridgwater Trails, and Bridgwater Centre.
At the Moore Group, we not only specialize in residential and new construction in Bridgwater, but three of us live in the area with our families. We have a passion for Bridgwater and we want to share it with you!
Why is there no 'E' in Bridgwater?
The neighbourhood is named in honour of Arthur Bridgwater who was the Chief of Police in the Rural Municipality of Fort Garry from 1945 until its amalgamation with the City of Winnipeg in 1974. During that time he built the police force from one to 37 officers . Hi last name didn't have an 'E' in it, therefore neither does the name of our area.
Bridgwater Centre is the hub of the area, currently offering dining, shopping, medical and more, all within walking distance of the adjacent areas. The area offers some wonderful residential options as well, with plenty of attached town homes available now, and a new condominium building with underground parking under construction.
Commercial development in Bridgwater Centre began with the construction of the Red River Co-op in early 2015, and was followed by Save On Foods, and the MLCC Liquor Store not long after that.
Currently, you'll find key amenities such as Tim Hortons, Orange Theory Fitness, JC Sushi, Freshii, Aveda Verde Salon, a variety of banking options (BMO, RBC, Scotiabank & TD), Wyatt Dowling Insurance, Bridgwater Medical Clinic, Pet Valu, Eyes on Bridgwater, and Bridgwater Veterinary Hospital.
Growth has been rapid, and there are currently plans for dentistry, pharmacy, and additional restaurant options in the works.
Forest, Lakes & Trails
Bridgwater Forest was the first residential neighbourhood in the area to be developed, followed by Bridgwater Lakes, and Trails. All three areas feature connected paved walking paths, beautiful children's parks, and gorgeous lakes, plus transit service.
Bridgwater Forest was built to surround beautiful swaths of forested land--and uniquely offers gorgeous lots backing onto the forest, plus multiple parks, and beautiful lake views.
The signature feature in Bridgwater Lakes is the centrally-located Fountain, which doubles as a splash pad and location for activities organized by the very active Bridgwater Lakes Neighbourhood Association, such as Food Truck nights, Family Fun Day, and Active August.
Eskar Park is the jewel of Bridgwater Trails, with 35 acres of native plants, trails, plus children's park, and courts for basketball, volleyball, bocce, and baseball diamond . Bridgwater Trails also has its own fountain/spray pad.
The French Immersion stream is the same for children from Forest, Lakes, Trails and Centre. Currently, French Immersion children attend Ecole Bonnycastle School for K-4, Viscount Alexander for middle school, and Vincent Massey for high school.
In the English stream, children from Bridgwater Forest attend Ecole Bonnycastle School for K-4, Arthur A Leach for English middle school and Fort Richmond Collegiate for high school. Children from Centre, Lakes and Trails also go to Fort Richmond Collegiate for high school, but they attend Whyte Ridge Elementary for K-4 and Henry G Izatt for middle school .
Schools & rec to be built
In March 2018, the Province of Manitoba announced that construction is to begin on a K-8 school and a grade 9-12 high school to serve the Bridgwater neighbourhoods . It will be located next to 25 acres of land designated for the construction of a new recreation complex .
The neighbourhoods of Bridgwater are a vibrant, family-friendly and multi-cultural place to live! Neighbourhood associations are active in all the areas, hosting plenty of events, including community garage sales, mini soccer, food truck nights, family fun days, and more! There are loads of opportunities to meet neighbours and enjoy the active-living lifestyle the neighbourhood was designed to support.
Bridgwater is located within a larger area called Waverley West, that also includes neighbouring communities of Prairie Pointe and South Pointe. The total population of Waverley West is estimated to reach 40,000 at completion of construction in approximately 2020 . Bridgwater is a fairly affluent area with a median income of over $100,000 per year, popular with families--57% of households include children, and multicultural with the three most common languages spoken at home being English (54%), Mandarin, Cantonese or not otherwise specified Chinese languages (11%) and Punjabi (7%) .
Bridgwater Real Estate
If you are considering moving to Bridgwater, give us a call! We have a huge amount of knowledge and experience in the area and would be glad to help.
Likewise, if you are planning to sell your home in Bridgwater, you have come to the right place. We live here, we work here, we are your Bridgwater REALTORS.
Generally, you can purchase an attached town home in the mid to low $300,000 price range, a small home without a garage in the mid to high $300k range, or a medium-sized home with attached garage in the mid $400k range. One you get into the $500-600k range, you can easily purchase a beautiful lifetime family home. From there, the sky is the limi! The area also offers a huge range of show-stopping homes at the 1M+ range.
- City Councillor Janice Lukes
- Bridgwater Forest Neighbourhood Association Facebook Page
- Bridgwater Lakes Neighbourhood Association
- Bridgwater Lakes Community Facebook Page
- Bridgwater Trails Neighbourhood Association
- Pembina Trails School Division
- Neighbourhoods of Bridgwater
- Cushman & Wakefield: Leasing in Bridgwater Centre
1. Pre-amalgamation Police Force Histories. Oct 4 2017. http://www.winnipeg.ca/police/DepartmentHistories/fortgarry.stm
2. Eskar Park. Accessed June 26, 2018. https://www.nadidesign.com/portfolio/eskar-park
3. Pembina Trails School Locator. Accessed June 26, 2018. http://mybaragar.com/index.cfm?event=page.SchoolLocatorPublic&DistrictGUID=4F2962C6-5CB9-4ADE-A511-F5CCA749B62E&DistrictCode=MB03&DataStatus=1
4. Two New Schools To Be Constructed Alongside New Recreation Campus In South Winnipeg. March 12 2018. http://janicelukes.ca/blog/two-new-schools-to-be-constructed-alongside-new-recreation-campus-in-south-winnipeg/
5. Significant Step Forward Towards Development of South Winnipeg Recreation Campus. Feb 1, 2018. http://janicelukes.ca/blog/significant-step-forward-towards-development-of-south-winnipeg-recreation-campus/
6. Waverley West. Accessed June 26 2018. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waverley_West
7. Realtor.ca Neighbourhood Statistics. Accessed June 26 2018. https://www.realtor.ca/Residential/Single-Family/19313014/59-Clear-Spring-RD-Winnipeg-Manitoba-R3Y0J4-Bridgwater-Lakes#v=n